Subject: Re: [Leica] Eugene Smith: Photographing the Paradoxes of Pittsburgh
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 12:40:56 -0800

These are some of WES's most compelling photographs, IMHO. I much prefer
them - and the project itself - to his big photo essays ("Country Doctor,"
"Spanish Village," "Nurse Midwife"), wonderful though they are.

Now, if only someone would only put together an exhibit or intelligent book
of his "As from My Window I Sometimes Glance" and "The Loft from Inside
In," I would be a happy man.

Guy

P.S. Pray for a catalogue!