Subject: Re: [Leica] M6TTL light metering...
From: "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@home.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 14:28:44 -0700

I think Don Dory answered my question....if I may quote him,  then we will
see if we all agree.......and if this is true for all focal lengths.......

******  "Steve, it's a steep gradient very heavily center-weighted metering
area.  If
you draw an imaginary circle around the RF patch that fills the frame two
lenses down that will approximate the metering area.  So, using a 35mm lens
the 90 frame serves as a guide; the 50 frame for the 28 and so forth."
******     Thanks Don....