Subject: Re: [Leica] Theatrical shot
From: "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 09:33:06 -0400

Hi Peter,

That is a very nice picture, and I do like the tonality.  If you don't mind,
would you be willing to describe what you did in curves to get the tones?  I
am familiar with Picture Window Pro and with establishing points on curves,
but don't really understand what you did to bring out shadow and highlight
detail.

Do you bring the detail-rich midtones downward, so you have richness in the
dark tones--or bring the lower third of the curve down and the upper third
upward, making an exaggerated 'S'--or what?

Just explaining this particular detail would be very helpful to me in my own
learning curve.  Feel free to reply off-line, if you wish.

Thank you................Julian