Subject: [Leica] wide and tele lenses for M6 - which one???
From: Andrea Cucina <CucinaA@missouri.edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 16:45:55 -0500

Dear LUGs,

my wife has an M6 with 50 Noctilux.  She is planning to expand the M system
(we also have R4s and R7), by purchasing a wide angle and a tele.  Given
that she still does not know what length for both wide and tele (she is
also "spoiled" by the extra-fast Noctilux) , I am seriously thinking of
undersanding more on them to know what we will buy.
By looking and reading around I have seen differet characteristics on the
same focal lengths.  I hope you can help me get into it a little more.
Let's start with a 24mm: do they only make one kind of it, the 24mm 2.8
ASPH? About the 28 mm: I saw the Elmarit 2.8 and the Summicron 2.0 ASPH.
Considering the different price, which one to your OPE would be better?  I
assume the ASPH is supposedly better, or not? The same for the 35 mm (that
I would personally not buy since its length is too long for a wide lens).
Anyway, 35mm 2.0 Summicron ASPH or 1.4 ASPH? The 1.4 sounds amazing for it
is so fast, but??? Quality?
For the teles, the 90 Elmarit 2.8, Summicron 2.0 or Summicron 2.0 APO-ASPH?
 And also the 135mm 2.8 Elmarit or the slower but APO 3.4?
I apologize all these questions, but I am sure your knowledge on them is
great, and your opinions are welcome, any of them.
Thank you all very much!!!

Andrea