Subject: Re: [Leica] wide and tele lenses for M6 - which one???
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen2001@yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 04:31:04 -0400 (EDT)

1. There is, at this time, only one 24 made...it is
supposed to be spectacular.
2. The 35 1.4 ASPH is probably the best fast 35 ANYONE
makes and is one of the best lenses Leica makes. If
you need speed without flare, there is no choice. Do
NOT dismiss it out of hand as not being wide enough.
3. The 28 2.8 is a very highly thought of lens. The
new 28 2 is absolutely spectacular, and there are
those who say it is now Leica's single best M lens. An
amazing piece of equipment...well, mine would be were
it not oozing some sort of oil around the front
element, and when I get back to the US it will be
heading back to Leica..:-(
4. As to 90s - Do you want/need speed, compactness,
what? The new 90 f 2 apo asph is astounding...but then
I was always pleased with the results with the
previous 90 summicron...and there are those who swear
by various versions of the 90 2.8..

The real question here is what you/your wife, want to
photograph and why, and which of these tools will help
you do it...

B. D.