Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 light leak question
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 19:45:05 -0600

It certainly is not normal! There is one common cause you might want to
check before sending it back. You may have had a misload, broke off a small
chip of film and have this film chip get stuck in the shutter's path. Take
off the lens, open up the back and give it a very close look. If you do not
see anything, fire the shutter at "B" and keep the shutter release depressed
(a locking cable release is handy here) and look again. If you find a chip,
CAREFULLY extract it with a small pair of tweezers.

John Collier