Subject: RE: [Leica] M6 light leak question
From: "Sanders, Scott" <ssanders@dailyherald.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 14:25:40 -0500

Hi Jim,
   Thanks for the note. I think I might have figured it out. If I take the
strip of film, (the negative in question, and 2 on either side of it) and
turn it over so it lines up with the way it was actually in the camera, and
hold it behind the camera with the back cover flipped up, I noticed
something strange. The light leak (dark on the negative indicating extra
light hitting the film) lines up perfectly with the right edge of the camera
back opening where the back cover plate meets the right side of the camera
body. So, the light might be coming in from where the right side of the back
plate touches the camera back. So, my next question for anyone with an M6
is, how much lateral play do you have on the back plates of your M6 cameras?
Can you slide your back plates left and right?
Scott Sanders