Subject: RE: [Leica] Soft release
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 13:33:29 -0400

At 12:49 PM 9/23/01 -0400, you wrote:
>My GX does not have a standard soft release at all...it's just a little
>round cylinder with a typical cable release socket in the middle that is
>quite a bit stiff to release.  I'd love to have a soft release!  Do you have
>a Rollei part number for it, per chance?

The only notation on the bag in which my replacement Rollei Soft Release
came was "$1.50", so I guess that was the price four or five years back.  I
may have a part number in my back paperwork, but you honestly do NOT want
to ask me to dig through a four-foot stack of old receipts to find this
one, when a phone call to Marflex on Monday will do the trick for you.

The 2.8GX shutter release has a "kink" in it, as the meter switch is in the
release now -- the same difference as that between the M5/M6 Leica shutter
release and the earlier versions.  I understand that the shutter release is
common to all GX's though the difference in shutters may affect this -- the
early cameras had Compur shutters, the later ones Seiko.  Since the two are
so akin in design, I suspect they would release with equal force, or lack
thereof.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!