Subject: [Leica] Delta 100 Processing
From: John Amiet <jeapic@operamail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 00:43:01 +1000

on 9/21/01 4:38 PM, Mark Rabiner at mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com wrote:
>> After many years of sticking to Tri-X and FP4plus, I'm starting to
>> experiment with newer emuslions.  I've used Xtol (1+2 and 1+1) for delta
100
>> (at e.i. 100) and though I am pleased with the acutance and smooth grain
>> am not happy with the tonal balance, which I find to be overly harsh.
Any
>> suggestions on a developer/time combinations that I might experiment
with?
Mark,
I have been using Delta 100 for a while now. I always dev'd. in Rodinal 1:25. Quite O.K. But I have just started
using it 1:50 with what I claim to be a dramatic improvement. I use a Jobo drum processor which requires
different time/temp from agitation tanks. In fact I now use a range from 12 - 20min (Norm. = 14) @ 24Deg. C
using 1:50. I will email a PDF file to you recently published by Agfa on the extended use of Rodinal. I have used
it for years and always liked it, but the dil./extended use is great. Very cheap, liquid in a bottle so no powders to
muck around with etc. Give it belt.
I will post my most recent processing foray into this combo on my website for you to see, although the real
quality is best appreciated in a hard copy.
As I recall, before I had the Jobo, I used Delta 100 in Rodinal for 6min. @ 21Deg.C.. No doubt it will vary for
everyone, as you will be well aware.
Good Luck with it,
JohnA