Subject: [Leica] Re: Foggy Viewfinder / Big Speck Of Dust In New M6 And Lens
From: Justin Goh <sunsetat7@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 07:49:33 -0700 (PDT)

Just came from the local agent here in Singapore to
check on the status of the new M6 body and lens with
problems which were sent in earlier. The technician
gave me another set of body and to my surprise, it's
even worse; it's got a swirling cleaning mark on the
viewfinder. He gave me another set to check and again,
there's a very noticeable scratch and slight fogging
on the viewfinder. I couldn't believe this happening
to 3 brand new bodies. As expected, I rejected it and
was told that they will have to send the body and lens
to Germany for checking wether to change or not since
they also don't have any new stock for the lens. I
find it ridiculous since I could just wait until a new
set comes in and they've already checked and confirmed
there's a problem with the lens and body. And the
worst thing that could happen is I have to wait for 3
long months to get it and not sure wether I'll be
getting a new one or a good one. Any experience on
this? Appreciate if somebody can throw in some light
as I'm getting desperate with the situation.
TIA,