Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom!
From: Bernard Cousineau <flatbroke@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 21:41:52 -0400

"Rodgers, David" wrote:
> My Rodagon is the 80/4 APO N. My El Nikkor is plain vanilla 105/5.6. So I'm
> a bit perplexed by the results. I even tried to convince myself otherwise,
> but the 105 performs at last as well as the 80. Maybe even better.

One question: do you use a glass neg carrier?

The 105, being 25% longer, should give you better results if your negs are not absolutely flat.

I once tested all of the enlarging lenses at my local community darkroom and found that the sharpest was an off-brand Japanese 45 mm., as seen through the grain magnifier. When judging actual prints, a Schneider 80 was significantly better since it
could bring the whole neg into focus.

Bernard