Subject: [Leica] 135mm Tele-Elmar
From: Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:18:12 -0700

Recently I picked up a first generation 135mm/F4 Tele-Elmar, for my
M6TTL. The first thing that struck me was how well it was made (I'm new
to Leica). All hand milled and even after 30 years it's smooth as
butter with no play. Reminded me of the crafmanship of my 1936 35mm
Mitchell NC-R motion picture camera. So, I went out and shot some
slides with it. This is one SHARP lens. Great contrast etc. Really
nice. At $250 bucks this thing is an absolute bargain.

feli

 "It's truly one of those shows where you just keep expecting Allen Funt
 to come bursting out from behind some 2-way mirror and explain that
 you've been on candid camera for 3 years."
                       -Ethan Ormsby on the status of production, 1999