Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: 75/1.4
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 00:53:20 -0400

Rei,

The 75/1.4 is my favorite lense, bar none, for 35mm.  It is just the right
focal length for what I use my Leica for (mostly people photography,
toddlers, babies, family events).  I MAY use the 35/1.4 if I want a WA, but
those are the only two lenses I really carry around, and %80+ is nothing but
75.  The bokeh is fantastic, the viewfinder on the .72 doesn't bother me at
all...it's just the inner one...

I have the 50, and I find it just not enough for what I want.  I shoot only
existing light, so I really wanted the extra stop of the 1.4 over the
90...plus the 90 would have a smaller frame than the 75 in the viewfinder.
That didn't interest me.  75 was just right ;-)

Austin