Subject: Re: [Leica] Chocolate box
From: "Mārtiņš Zelmenis" <martin@lrpv.lv>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 09:04:52 +0200

Happily I don't know what the public wants either.

The point is: todays' public _doesn't need to know_  HCB, Steichen,
Stieglitz, Weston - you name them! Their place is occupied, sorry - by
different persons in different mediums. Seems public liked _Life & Look_ for
the same reasons it loves TV (and _instant gratification_, for sure). So it
leaves everybody of us with the question - _what style to adopt for
myself_ - and develop it single-handedly. At times I feel really
old-fashioned.

Martin

<It really has nothing to do with knowing or not knowing HCB or
Steichen....Don't forget, the public used to love Life and Look and
their photo journalism - that wasn't killed by lack of public taste, but
by the competition posed by television and instant gratification...

B. D.>