Subject: Re: : [Leica] Tri-Asph
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 11:14:02 -0400

Felix - I'm sure the zooms don't touch the primes...Some things never
change..:-)...But as to wanting that autofocus SLR and some 2.8 zooms -
do NOT hold your breath. Rather than that ever happening, I'd be willing
to bet that in the next 12 to 18 months we will read of the end of the R
line entirely. Why do I say that? I say it because once again Leica's
latest financial report shows the R line continuing to decline in
sales...The question has really become 'how low can you go' before
pulling the plug. Sad, but reality based.

B. D.