Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: air travel USA to Europe ?...
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 21:11:09 -0400

At 05:31 PM 9/29/01 -0700, you wrote:

>I've used FedEx in the past to send film to my destination and then back
>home. FedEx does not Xray. I just received a batch of Efke film from
>Germany via FedEx and it was not Xrayed. I have an online FedEx account
>and can print a FedEx waybill anywhere there is an online computer. Like
>an internet cafe or wherever. In cases where I had specific times already
>set-up, I printed out FedEx waybills for both sending and receiving before
>I left home. FedEx online lets you tell it when you are going to ship. The
>date really doesn't matter because the waybill is valid anytime after it
>is printed.
>
>Jim

Jim -

I tried sending my exposed film back from Honduras by FedEx as an
experiment.  First I had to find a FedEx office in Tegucigalpa - not an
easy task.  Then I had to get my film there when they were open which meant
leaving communities one day early to get back to the capital.  I sent only
40 rolls by the cheapest air route possible.  Then I worried obsessively
until I saw the film again.  The film did arrive home shortly after I did,
but it cost me $150 and a lot of worry.  I don't think I'll be doing that
regularly.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com