Subject: [Leica] PAW 39 (Nathan)
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 13:20:54 +0200

My 7-year old daughter is in 2nd grade at an international school here
in Zurich. This year she has a homeroom teacher who has provided a nice
example of how computers can be integrated into the instruction without
taking time away from the much more important basic reading and math
skills. She has set up a web site for the class
(http://grade2h.tripod.com/ in case someone is interested). The children
are expected to get their weekly homework assignments there, check out
links the teacher has selected for them, play some educational games
etc. For the children who do not have access to the net at home she
provides paper handouts. My daughter loves it and increasingly asks to
be allowed to go to her web site instead of watching cartoons etc. In
this picture I tried to capture her concentration and sense of wonder:

http://www.wajsman.com/39.jpg

On the same roll of Delta 3200 I then shot some landscapes along the
back roads near my town. The weather was incredibly dreary and when the
fog rolled in, the high-speed film seemed just right for the occasion:

http://www.wajsman.com/39alt1.jpg

Both pictures with the M6 and 50mm Summilux.

The complete PAW index is at:

http://www.wajsman.com/index.htm

and comments are welcomed and appreciated as always.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland