Subject: Re: [Leica] air travel USA to Europe?..
From: Robert Browne <rbrowne@iopener.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 09:19:48 -0700

Dave Hillman wrote in part:

> So how does Fuji, Kodak, Agfa, Ilford etc. ship film? By boat? Maybe the Feds
> will require all boats to be xrayed too.

Ilford does normally ship product by sea to the US. Packed on pallets in large containers which goes through US Customs in New Jersey. Small urgent special orders may be shipped by air.

One possible answer to the potential problem of carrying film and the perils of x-rays would be for some enterprising company to open a worldwide chain of airport terminal based film supply stores with top QC labs for C-41, E-6, B&W, etc. Buy your film when you arrive and have it processed before you leave.

This idea assumes that the strict carry-on regulations being discussed actually become standard practice. We'll just have to wait and see.

Robert Browne

Replies: Reply from "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com> (Re: [Leica] air travel USA to Europe?..)