Subject: RE: [Leica] air travel USA to Europe ?...
From: Richard Comen <rpcomen@mcn.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 14:59:08 -0700

Frank, Last year I spent a month in Paris and went shooting daily. Each
evening I developed the film and sleeved it. This way I did not have to
wory about airports and also camera failure. I had three leicas with me and
the one my wife was using developed a problem in that the shutter only
opened to expose half a frame. We would never have known this if I had not
developed daily. Another advantage is being able to return to the site if
you want to reshoot a scene. In a small carryon I carried a Nikkor tank,
HC110 syrup, some Sodium sulfite, and a small bottle of phenidone powder
and my set of kitchen spoons ( 1/8 ) and 1 teaspoon sizes, and a kids 10 mm
measuring syringe, and a thermometer. The above was all I needed to mix my
brew to process my Tech Pan which I shoot at 100. Fixer you can purchase
anywhere and a bit of white vinegar made a short stop. Total time each
evening was less than 1/2 hour. I took a 150 foot roll of Tech Pan  and
loaded my old leica brass film cartridges and returned home with almost no
film.

Richard
Mendocino CA