Subject: RE: [Leica] WASRe: 35-70mm zoom NOW: the no carry on question.
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 15:31:31 -0500

Ted,

>>It isn't photographer's with one or two cases that create a problem, it's
the people with everything but the kitchen sink carried on board.<<

I agree. However, concerning camera equipment, it doesn't appear to me that
the issue isn't whether or not to allow carry-on. The real issue is whether
or not baggage will arrive at its destination on time and intact. If the
NTSB can't promise someone won't damage or remove my luggage, how secure is
the whole baggage handling system? Making the airlines pay for lost articles
would do wonders to straighten things out in a hurry, I think.

Reading between the LUG lines it's almost as though people trust FedEx more
than they trust the the airline industry. Nobody should be surprised to find
themselves sitting next to Pelican case. It means I bought my Leicas an
airline ticket, and shipped my person FedEx.

Dave