Subject: Re: [Leica] Pierre of Hollywood?
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 20:03:43 -0700

At 03:28 PM 09/30/2001 -0700, Lea wrote:
>As an owner-breeder and lover of toy poodles I have to say your shot is just
>great. I'm so glad you posted it...flare and all!.

re:  http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/oldpics/poodleshades.htm

Lea:

Aha!  So *that's* why your site is called "whinydogpress."  Thanks for the
compliment, and glad you enjoyed it.  Perhaps when I'm better at color
image editing, I can minimize the funny blue cast the flare caused in the
lower left.

The effect of the flare was minimized when I tried converting it to
B&W.  But this was one shot that really lost something in B&W--something
about the dog's pink tongue matching the woman's blouse, and the bright
colors really enhance the mood.

Evidently this shot has tickled a lot of people's fancies.  Thanks to
everyone for the nice comments.

- --Peter