Subject: RE: [Leica] 1.25x magnifier "in person"
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 19:53:33 -0700

Rich:  Several nit-picky questions which I'm sure will interest other LUGgers

Can one can see the 50mm lines *with* glasses on a .72x M4-P, using the
magnifier?

Eye relief is a complex thing, and can be affected by many factors.  So for
reference, with *my* glasses, I can see the 50mm lines fine on my .72x
M4-P, losing a little nick out of the corners on one side without shifting
my eye slightly.  With the 35mm frame, I lose about 1/6 of either the right
or the left edge.  I can't quite see the entire 50mm frame on an M3.

Also, to amplify on B.D.'s question, does the magnifier affect the issue
where one side or other of the 90mm frame tends to disappear unless your
eye is exactly on the sweet spot?

Finally, is there any appreciable dimming of the finder with the
magnifier?  And how do you take off the eyepiece cover to put the thing on
and off?

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA