Subject: Re: [Leica] More Airline regulations
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 14:49:47 -02-30

At 12:56 PM 10/3/2001 -0400, you wrote:

>In a message dated 10/3/01 4:53:34 AM, sdmp007@pressroom.com writes:

> >Fellow Luggers,
> >
> >    Well, It looks like I was wrong........
> >
> >    According to a Continental Airline notice, carry-on baggage at several
> >
> >British airports is limited to lap-tops, purses, and diaper bags.
> >
> >    The madness continues. I guess I start carrying a "purse" with my Leica
> >
> >in it or avoid flying to London.

NOTE:  This is for Continental's policy only.

I checked the BAA official release and the Air Canada and British Airways
advisory and they say no such thing.

This is a case of Continental (and maybe some other carriers) implementing
what THEY WANT and blaming it on the airport authority.

My advice is call the airline you wish to travel on and ask them... then
select a "sensible" airline to fly on.

Air Canada, Lufthansa, KLM and British Airways all say it is business as
usual but ask that you limit the amount and size of carry on as much as
possible and that loading times will be longer due to increased security.

They all seem to say that blades and shape objects (once sometimes allowed)
will now NOT be allowed in carry on bags.

...then again, I always carry my Domke purse when ever I fly. :^)

Greg Locke
St. John's, Newfoundland
http://www.greglocke.com
PictureDesk International .....news pictures ONLINE!
http://www.picturedesk.org  and http://www.newscom.com

Replies: Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] More Airline regulations)