Subject: Re: [Leica] Why is the lowest shutter speed on a Leica M6 1/1000?
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 22:15:55 -0400

Which is why I've been working with 100 speed films with the M6 and 1.4
lenses.  If I shoot in the shadows then I can use the lower apertures and in
lower light I drop shutter speed and/or focal length.  Ultimately, I would
like to carry 100 and 1600 B/W film and abandon the 400's.

I think that with a little more trial and much more error I will have times
for Acros so that in really bright light I pull it down to 32 or so which
will also flatten the contrast at the expense of some more grain.

Why, when there is an SLR with a 1/8000th shutter speed?  Because it's
bigger, heavier, much more noticeable, and it changes how I take pictures.
Not that the other way is inferior, just that it is different.

Don Dory
dorysrus@mindsrping.com