Subject: [Leica] re: leica 110
From: "kyle cassidy" <kcassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 02:12:00 -0700

alfie sed:

>I was skimming another day in McKeown's camera guide and found a Leica
>camera I swear I never had seen before or heard going for 5 grand. It was
>some prototype Leica 110 camera (takes Kodak 110 film I believe) built
>during the early 1970s which never went to mass market. Does anyone know
>about this model at all?

about a year ago, i got email from a camera collector in europe who had seen
the leica-h web page and wanted to trade me a non-working 110 prototype for
my leica-h. i am absolutely seriously not kidding you. he sent me some
pictures of it, which i may have somewhere -- my recollection was that it
wasn't the whole camera. when i told him the H was ... well, you all know
... anyway, he got very upset and sent me hate mail worthy of keeping about
how i shouldn't go wasting peoples time. he would have smacked me if i was
close enough.

maybe i should have just swapped with him.

kc