Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V20 #364
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 23:46:24 -0700

Juan:  May I suggest the smallest-sized "Hood Hat?"   You can find it at
the bottom of this page:

http://www.optechusa.com/lens.htm

I found one at our Seattle pro store, Glazer's.  I believe consumer stores
sell them, too.  If I'm just storing my 50 'cron for transport, I use the
hood reversed with its cap.  When I'm actually running around shooting, I
mount the hood "forward" with the Hood Hat over it.  It provides a little
cushioning for the hood if bumped.  It can be yanked off in an instant and
stuffed in a pocket.  And being a non-Leica item, you can treat it roughly
without damage to your portfolio.

And when you're not using it on a lens, you can use it as a cushy separator
between two items in the same compartment.

One thing about your tape wrap--it might ooze glue from the edges over
time.  If that gets on your lens, it's more trouble than a fingerprint.

- --Peter