Subject: Re: [Leica] air travel (now drifting totally off topic)
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 09:45:30 -0700

on 10/4/01 9:17 AM, Pascal at cyberdog@attglobal.net thoughtfully wrote:

> Strange, it is certainly not so in Belgium where security inspectors are not
> agents of the airlines but rather agents of the official airport authorities
> (responsible for security), in addition to the official customs agents
> (responsible for import/export duties etc).

Strange ain't the word for it, Pascal. The result is security by the
lowest-bidder where staff has a high turn-over, is  poorly trained and
possibly have background check problems of their own.

The conservatives in Congress have problems with funding a federal cadre for
the purposes of airport security. My thought to them: okay let's let airline
security people run the check points into the Capital. THEN lets see if such
an agency is needed.

I think that we'll be getting the well-trained and equiped security force we
need.

Adam

I hear the darkroom calling. Back to work. Seeing how Xtol and T-Max 400 get
along.

AB