Subject: [Leica] Re: Airport security
From: Herbert & Lee Kanner <kanner@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 13:31:31 -0700

- ---Original Message, in part--------

In US airports, in any event, the security personnel are employed by the
airport and not by the airline itself.  The airport, as an entity of local
government, would probably be shielded by sovereign immunity from a claim
for damages.

Marc

Not true, if many news reports are to be believe.  They all say that
the airlines contract security to the security firm making the lowest
bid.  Also, some years ago, I had to sue Mexicana airlines, which
offered me $15 as compensation for the $50 Swiss Army Knife that they
confiscated and lost (or stole).  In the course of doing this, I
phoned the security department of the San Francisco Airport and was
told that not only was it an airline security crew, but that Mexicana
had subcontracted the services of a Pan Am crew for that flight.

Herb

- --
Herbert Kanner
kanner@acm.org