Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V21 #1
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 13:40:55 -0700

David Morton wrote:
>I can't, no. It's close, but with my reading glasses on I can't see both the
>LHS and the RHS of the 50mm frame at the same time when using the 1.25x.

That's what I was afraid of.  I really like the magnification of the M3
viewfinder, but I can't quite see the 50mm frame with glasses.  As I said
before, the 1.25x magnifier essentially turns a .72 camera into a .9x,
which is for all practical purposes M3 magnification.

Now on the other hand, if I can stay with the contact lenses I'm trying
out, I could use the magnifier for 50 and 90mm, and only remove it for
35mm.  And in dim light, the loss of the 50mm edges might be overshadowed
by the increased focusing accuracy and sureness, even with glasses.  Sounds
worth it to me.

It seems to me that in the absence of the actual magnifier, trying out an
M3 at a local camera store would tell you a lot about how the magnifier
would work with your eyes and your glasses.

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA