Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 40 - Oktoberfest
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 23:05:43 +0200

Last week I realized one of my life's long-standing ambitions, to visit
Oktoberfest in Munich and drink the golden brew from 1-liter mugs. My
business associates in Munich told me that this year's event is
suffering greatly due to lack of visitors, but I found the place pretty
crowded nonetheless. It is true, however, that the events of September
11 had an impact on Oktoberfest; for a while it was in doubt whether it
would even go ahead, but in the end it was decided to proceed with the
main event while skipping many of the traditional ancillary activities
(e.g. beauty contests etc.). So, here is a selection of my photographs
from last Monday night. All taken with the Leica M6 and 35mm or 50mm
Summilux lenses; the color pictures on Fuji Provia 400F and the black &
white ones on Ilford Delta 400.

Main picture shows a couple of happy guys in a beer hall:
http://www.wajsman.com/40.jpg

And the alternate pictures depict various scenes, as follows:

     Alternate 1: People sang...
http://www.wajsman.com/40alt1.jpg
     Alternate 2: and danced.
http://www.wajsman.com/40alt2.jpg
     Alternate 3: They were friendly...
http://www.wajsman.com/40alt3.jpg
     Alternate 4: Very friendly!
http://www.wajsman.com/40alt4.jpg
     Alternate 5: But behind the scenes people worked hard...
http://www.wajsman.com/40alt5.jpg
     Alternate 6: especially the waitresses, one of whom takes a
deserved break...
http://www.wajsman.com/40alt6.jpg
     Alternate 7: and the cooks...
http://www.wajsman.com/40alt7.jpg
     Alternate 8: and even the musicians.
http://www.wajsman.com/40alt8.jpg

The main index is at:

http://www.wajsman.com/index.htm

and comments are welcome and appreciated as always.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland