Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 40 - Oktoberfest
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 20:22:18 -0700

Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>>> Last week I realized one of my life's long-standing ambitions, to visit
> Oktoberfest in Munich and drink the golden brew from 1-liter mugs. <<<<

Hi Nathan,
The Oktoberfest in Munich is without question one of the all time great
photo ops in the world, quite incredible because it's all fun and folks
having a good time. :-)

Of course a few liters of beer help the jovial fun lovin' time for good
pictures very much, as it loosens inhibitions and as long as you're clicking
with a Leica you can hardly go wrong. :-)

The tough part shooting a  magazine feature on it for a week is not to
become one of the revelers!

My one occasion which included one evening of total fun lovin' "like ouch
the next day" I shot 80 rolls of film in 5 working days and nights, colour &
B/W. But it's a wonderful film burning event and anyone who's never attended
should plan to be in Munich next year for a smashing good holiday of picture
taking including some fine beer drinking time! :-)

Be assured, if you stay serious about the picture taking you'll go home with
some very fine uninhibited wonderful warm people pictures and without a
doubt, a better understanding of fine German beer! ;-)

Nice pictures posted and makes me wish I'd spent some time there with you.
Actually we are using a couple of images from my shoot in one of the Leica
Seminar presentations next week.

Good shooting as always Nathan.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited