Subject: Re: [Leica] Investment decisions......
From: "Douglas Herr" <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 10:47:11 +0800

- -----Original Message-----
From: "Aram Langhans"
<alanghans@komoto.naches.wednet.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 19:29:45 -0700
To:  <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>

> It may be sad news for some, but for me it is the
only way that I can afford
> Leica gear.  I am thankful to all those who
bought new so that I can afford
> to buy used.  I hope you had fun with the gear
before you sold it to the
> likes of me.  I hope it didn't just gather dust on
your shelves for that
> would have truly been a shame and a waste of
money.  I am sure my R4,
> 90/2.8, 50/2, 35/2, 24/2.8 and 100/4 macro
bellows take just a good a photo
> as they did when new and 2-4x what I paid for
them.  They shouldn't drop too
> much more, but I didn't buy them for an
investment.

> Aram

I also buy my R equipment used but as far as I'm
concerned it's an investment.  My return on
investment comes from selling the photos I make
with the stuff.  The equipment itelf is only as
valuable as the pictures I make with it.

- --

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com