Subject: RE: [Leica] re: silver vs black lenses
From: "Wang, Albert" <Albert.Wang@ibx.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 08:43:03 -0400

of course, the silver version of those leica lenses are supposed to be made
of chrome which is rumored to be stronger material than the black alloy. i
don't think that there is much of a difference. it's like voting for a black
buick versus a silver one, they function the same and deliver the same
performance.

if you want a silver lens best thing is to buy the cheaper black lens and
spray paint it with a silver lining. can't complain about the reflectivity
on that sucker.

alfie