Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Nikonos and USCG
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 23:16:42 -0600

Splash proof only I am afraid. It will not like immersion in water and the
water may find its way into the camera after toasting the lens:
$$$expensive. The 35/2.5 will work though. Not the best lens in the line but
as I said before, it's OK. Above the water, the massive "filter" front
element makes the 35/2.5 flare prone.

John Collier

PS: The 28/2.8LW has the same optics as the "E" lens and has been
discontinued for a while.