Subject: [Leica] First technical pan images
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 22:39:44 -0700

Wow is what I think of the first images I've gotten with technical pan.

This was taken with a 50mm sumicron in open shade. It is a crop of a
landscape image and doesn't represent even the full height of the negative.

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/TechPan/erik-lowres.jpg>

This is a blowup of one eye from the above image:

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/TechPan/erik-eye.jpg>

And these are some cat tails from Collinsville, CA.

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/TechPan/cat-tails.jpg>

All of these were scanned at 4000 dpi with a Nikon 4000 at 14 bits. These
images don't really give a clue about the amount of detail in the negatives.

I didn't process the negatives myself - there was NO technidol to be had in
Sacramento on Monday so I had a lab do it. I'm told they don't get the full
contrast out of the film. When I printed the Erik photo I was at 4+
contrast.

It was eye-opening to work with this film. I'm excited.

Adam Bridge