Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 35/3.5 SUMMARON-M
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:37:58 -0600

There were three different focusing M versions of this lens:

SOONC-M bought up the 50mm framelines and required the use of a separate
finder (SBLOO).

SOONC-MW brought the 50mm framelines but had the "bug-eyed" optical eyes to
modify the field of view so that it covered the 35mm field.

SOONC-MT brought up the 35mm/135mm framelines so it worked with the M2 but
you needed the separate finder (SBLOO) for the M3.

It is very easy to modify the SOONC-M to bring up the 35mm framelines. You
just file off material from the bayonet ear that controls the viewfinder
masks until it does not engage the mechanism. The procedure can be reversed
with some careful silver soldering.

While it easy to remove the "bug-eyed" glasses from the SOONC-MW, this will
result in inaccurate focusing.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: 35/3.5 SUMMARON-M)