Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica IIIc
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 10:02:18 -0400

Pablo, my understanding is that the shutter in the IIIf uses an all ball
bearing system while the IIIc uses a combination of bushings and ball
bearings.  Also, a IIIf will be years newer so wear and tear considerations
might come into play.  If the flash synch numbers are red rather than black
then the camera is much newer than a IIIc.  With that said, my F from 1936
still keeps on clicking.

If you are using print film and can reasonably guess exposure or don't mind
a hand meter I would say that a III anything makes a great carry camera.
With a collapsible lens or a Summaron any of them are small, light, quiet,
very unobtrusive, and don't need black tape.

Don Dory
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Replies: Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica IIIc/LTM lenses/Jupiter...)