Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica IIIc
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 16:27:34 -0400

At 10:46 AM 10/11/01 -0700, Pablo Kolodny wrote:
>Yes, as soon as I've been playing with the camera for a while I saw I had a
>IIIf rather than a IIIc. You're right.
>Well, I don't have expectations to use that camera with a flash, so managing
>that dial is not a worthy thing for me. Honestly I hate using flash, at
>least on camera.

Well, maybe so, but the advantage of a IIIf is that it has a standard PC
socket and not that proprietary thing used on the M2/M3.  If the camera is
a black-dial, set the bottom dial to "2";  if it is a red-dial, set it to
"0".  You mileage may vary a bit:  I have owned IIIf BD's which required 1
or 3 and a IIIf RD once which required 18.  But, given that caveat, flash
is simpler on a IIIf than on an M2 or M3.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!