Subject: Re: [Leica] Ruined slides -- I've had it now
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 10:34:51 -0400

Over the weekend, I shot a roll of stereo slides with my Contaflex I.  The
film was E200, more than a year past its "use-by date" but, generally,
refrigerated;  the camera's shutter began to act up a bit.  So, I had only
a little hope to get many successful shots but figured I might have five or
ten -- after all, this is simply a test roll to try out the Zeiss Ikon
stereo-slide viewer I scored on e-Bay, so ultimate quality doesn't matter.

I dropped the slide film off yesterday and asked them not to mount it.  The
clerk wrote "DO NOT MOUNT" in large letters on the bag and high-lighted it
in yellow.  (Stereo pairs have to be mounted with the two parts of the SAME
picture in the SAME slide mount and, in any event, should be mounted in
glass.)

Yesterday afternoon, the clerk called me:  the illiterati at the lab had
mounted the slides BEFORE reading the instructions on the bag ... they
offered to dupe the slides for me at no charge but I told them I'd wait to
see what the mounted slides look like.

I pick them up this afternoon.

(One nice thing is that the roll of film was a complimentary one so, at the
worst, I've lost a free roll of film and some time outside on a beautiful
fall day.)

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!