Subject: Re: [Leica] I'll get my 'M', one day
From: Barney Quinn <barney.quinn@noaa.gov>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 20:51:47 -0400

Feli,

I'm with you. No, you have not fallen for the hype, and you have not wasted your
money. You have purchased a superb photographic instrument. I still have one of
the two Leica IIIf's I shot with in grad school. A junkie on West 75th Street in
New York has the other. The one still in my posession works fine. I've owned
different cameras over the years, but every time I go through my portfolio I am
always amazed to be reminded that a very high per cent of my best shots were made
with a Leica RF.

Sure, like everything else it takes a little getting used to. But, if you go out
and buy one of these new fancy electronic cameras ( whihc have their place, IMHO )
which is as much computer as camera it would take lots of practice and film to get
the hang of it. That's just part of getting new era.

The camera i would use if my life depended on nailing an image would be my M6.
Give yours a chance. It's a great camera.

Barney