Subject: Re: [Leica] Clear Plastic Tape on M6 Base
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 14:18:05 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

I stuck "peel and stick" real oak veneer on all surfaces of my
M4....I was tired of the same old Chrome/Black/ bodies I had used for
25 years...then, with my wife's airbrush, I sprayed the bodies with
a mixture of MINWAX mahogony and clear urethane...NICE finish...I'm gonna
belt sand it later to give it a satin finish, tho....

I started to clean the finish off the RF windows, but I've kinda gotten
to like the "warmth" that the RF/VF has now,,,, not as bright, but
man, what BOKEH....THROUGH THE FINDER, no less!!!

I chipped the urethane out of the PC terminals, but the remaining bit
helps to hold the PC tip in....alwas a problem before...

AND as an added bonus, when I sell the gear I can tell the new owner that
the original chrome or black finish has been WELL protected!!

Have a good weekend,
Walt in Denton