Subject: [Leica] OT - Lyson Inks
From: "Roy Zartarian" <rzartarian@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 14:09:41 -0400

LUGs,

I just tried the Lyson Fotonic cartidges with the Epson 1270 printer
after resetting the chips from the original Epson cartridges with the
nifty little device also marketed by Lyson.

With the downloaded Lyson profiles, my results were unimpressive -
 a magenta cast and dark greens going to brown on the sample.
Also, I could not get the nozzles completely clean with the Epson
cleaning utility.

OTOH, Lyson has recently announced a monochrome cartridge set
for the 1270 which has piqued my interest.  However, the initial
experience has left me a bit wary.

Has anyone had better luck with this brand of ink?

Thanks
Roy