Subject: Re: [Leica] Piezo printing
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 20:22:59 -0700

Austin Franklin wrote:
>>> BE STILL MY QUIVERING HEART!  CAN THIS BE?  WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE
YOU DONE WITH TED?  CAN an old dog learn new tricks!  What COULD be
next?<<<<<

Austin old buddy,
That bad eh ? ;-)

Well I've been doing some neat things with the Epson Photo750 ( well OK I
thought they were.) ;-) which has quite amazed me, so this old dog whose
getting older faster by the minute thought I might like to try a serious run
with new technology in case they don't have it on the other side of the
Pearly gates. ;-).

Certainly after seeing Tina's and BD's wonderful prints last year in Boston
and at the seminar, my curiosity was peeked to maybe give it a try. The
final straw was the receipt of a John Brownlow Piezo print, one of his
wonderful "Human Traffic" photos shot in London.

 That finally triggered me into playing with the Epson printer and PhotoShop
to make B&W prints. So in a couple weeks we'll go bigger printer with Piezo
inks and I'll find out if I'm right or wrong. If I'm wrong ,then I'll have a
printer to sell and a lesson learned, but at the moment I feel very positive
about the move.

However, be assured the wet darkroom wont be dismantled for a very longtime
yet! ;-)

Relax Austin, as I've got hypo in my veins and developer on the brain so I
just couldn't walk away from it after 51 years of  hands in the soup with
prints! :-)

As far as being in Boston this year?  Unfortunately we wont be through your
fair city as the Leica Seminar is held in Kennebunkport, Maine and we fly
into and out of Portland.

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant