Subject: Re: [Leica] Keeping XTOL
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 09:09:45 -0700

Tom Furlotte wrote:

> Nathan wrote:
> "I wonder if the 1-liter size has really been discontinued or Glazer's
> were
> simply out of stock"
>
> Kodak has recently sent dealers a notice of many changes in availability
> of sizes and counts of a wide range of film, paper and chemistry items.
> Their intent is to no longer support "niche" products.  But don't worry,
> the great yellow father knows best what photographers should want,
> right? :^).
> Tom Furlotte
> Memphis TN USA
>
> --
I was told at Pro Photo in Portland that the one liter size is being discontinued.
They were then out of the 8 liter sizes and i had to buy 2 one liter packets and
i mixed them up, the packages were completely redesigned.
The logic of a completely redesigned re-engineered package then quickly
discontinued does not jibe with me.
I think they'll keep coming out with it.
I don't think Xtol is in the category of "Niche" product.  Beyond Good and Evil?
Kierkegaard maybe!

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA