Subject: [Leica] RE: Re: 24x36 CCD
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 18:28:54 -0700

I cannot say for sure. But my educated guess is:

The scanning backs no as single line CCD's can be made very dense, eg;
Leica S1, better light, etc...

Instant (non scanning) such as Phase 1, (can't remember the others) I
suspect yes. Since you are using the center of the lens (small CCD) you are
using the best part and the lens frequency would cause fringing, aliasing,
etc., unless  cut to a frequency lower than the lens. Even true with very
large CCD's as they cannot be as dense as smaller CCD's.

Jim