Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 24x36 CCD
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 17:35:52 -0700

Jim,

I have followed your writings regarding digital sensors, problems in
storage, etc., in fact I have saved some of your posts on the subject.

However, I was under the impression that the only problem in using "film
lenses" was the divergent pattern of light transmission (from the nodal
point) rendering the outer edges of the image unsharp since light rays have
to strike the sensor in a perpendicular pattern.

Supposedly Contax is working on a digital camera with a 24x36 sensor. The
introduction is behind schedule by some months. The camera supposedly would
use the current Contax N1 autofocus and 645 lenses .

Given that Contax seems to be committed to this project, how can they
reconcile the use of non digital lenses?
Can you offer more details on this problem?

Thanks,
Joe Codispoti

From: "Jim Brick" <jim@brick.org>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>; <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>