Subject: [Leica] Perhaps a new (on)topic, or the conceit
From: "dante@umich.edu" <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 01:20:33 -0400

Start a paragraph with

"I take better pictures with a Leica rangefinder than with an SLR because...

I am most interested in hearing this from people who learned photography on
SLRs, not so much people for whom RFs are easier because that was the only
thing available in 35mm when they started.

While I have no doubt about the superiority of an RF for wide-angles, I have
serious doubts that an RF is a more functional setup when using lenses that
are not retrofocus on SLRs - like stuff 50mm and up.  I don't think that the
optical quality or the composition control gives any edge to RF systems.

That's not to say I don't have 3 telephotos for rangefinders.

Replies: Reply from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: Perhaps a new (on)topic, or the conceit)
Reply from "Paul Jones" <nrg666@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Perhaps a new (on)topic, or the conceit)