Subject: [Leica] Re: M4-P for Konica
From: Howard Cummer <cummer@asiaonline.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 06:42:55 +0800

At 11:58 AM 10/18/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 09:26:37 EDT
>From: Bmceowen@aol.com
>Subject: [Leica] Considering trading M4-P for Konica -- am I nuts?
>I'm currently using a M6 (.85 ttl) and an M4-P. I'm thinking of selling the
>M4-P and picking up a Koninca RF body. The AE operation appeals to me (among
>other things). What is the consensus about the the Konica? Is it worthy? What
>about the focusing with the Leica lenses? Does it really work?
Welcome back to the LUG. In early May this year there was a lot of heated
discussion on the LUG about the theoretical impossibility of perfectly
accurately focusing Leica lenses on a Hexar RF body compared with the
in-the-field practical experience of more than a dozen luggers who had no
problems using all sorts of Leica glass on RF bodies. I suggest a review of
the LUG archives for early May will give you a lot of interesting reading.
Check out http://mejac.palo-alto.ca.us/leica-users/v20/msg03203.html for
example.
The bottom line is that depending on the back focus numbers that you
subscribe to, there might be a problem, but in practical use there doesn't
seem to be. I have a RF and like it, but I don't use it all the time - it
depends on my mood - but when I do use it the lenses focus fine.
Howard