Subject: [Leica] Re: Considering trading M4-P for Konica -- am I nuts?
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:06:33 -0400

I'd say, go for it.

I find the Hexar RF an excellent COMPLIMENT to my Leica M
gear. I would not replace all my Leica M cameras with Konicas, but certainly an M4-P
is no great loss (yeh, yeh, I know many have nice stories to tell about their M4-Ps.
Lucky, I guess). The Hexar RF is far more versatile, except in the few situations
where a quieter camera is essential.

The Hexar RF is super fast in action, and very well made too. I have no doubt it will
hold up as well as an M4-P or any other later Canadian made M camera (e.g. M4-2). If
you have doubts about compatibility with your Leica glass, have a serious independent
Leica tech check out the Hexar RF for you. At about $900 USD new now, I'd take a
Hexar RF over a used M4-P any day of the year.

If you think you will ever need motor drive or a mechanical speed winder, rapid
left-eyed or eyeglass wearing, I say again: go for it.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal