Subject: Re: [Leica] Homepages / crtique / smoking in the us of a.
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:26:23 -0400

Well Mikko, I say, if you want to show a photo in which someone is
smoking, show away - it's your art. And I say this as a vehement, nay,
pretty fanatic, anti-smoker with severe chronic asthma who never smoked
a cigarette in his life but who grew up with two parents who smoked
heavily. I am very much opposed to smoking in movies - which are, with
some exceptions, commerce, not art. But if you happen to take a photo
that shows someone smoking, and it's a good photo - display away.
Besides, I doubt that 10 million impressionable young folks are going to
be checking out your webpage. ;-)

B. D.

BTW - Don't forget that having the untrammeled right to smoke in Finland
carries with it the untrammeled inevitability of high rates of lung
cancer, heart disease, emphysema, and other diseases a couple of decades
down the road.